Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Google Scholar & Google Book Galore!

I am impressed with Google Scholar. I have used Google Scholar before when researching or trying to find scholarly or peer-reviewed articles during my post-graduate studies. If you refine your search you will often find articles that you may not have found in your catalogue or just surfing the web. I know that it has helped me in locating items for students at the Service desk that would have otherwise required an Interlibrary loan.

I wasn't really phased with Google Books due to the copyright restrictions, though it is often useful to look through the Table of Contents to ensure if the book is the right one for your research purposes. Amazon.com does a similar thing so this is not an unique attribute.

Google on baby!

Cheers

No comments: