Thursday, October 2, 2008

IGOOGLE - UGOOGLE!

Well fellow 23thingers, I have had fun playing with IGoogle. Despite it being very Americanised, I have added handy gadgets like Petrol Watch, Google Maps, Joke of the Day, Famous Saying of the Day, Days countingdown to my birthday and recipes, films and books.

I was impressed with the mashup of the Petrol Watch and Google Maps, however, there was a warning that as this was not owned by Google, your particulars could be accessed by a third party. So be careful by not putting down any address or personal particulars that could identify you.

I removed some gadgets as I am not really into Wikipedia and much of the American hype. I hope to explore later when time permits to find and add more local/Australian content. Handy to have many of these things in the one place!

I also changed my IGoogle homepage so that it was personalised with footprints in the sand - beach-combing one of my favourite pastimes - weather permitting of course. Did I mention weather, I also customised my Igoogle page so that it shows Melbourne's weather - that is Melbourne Australia not Melbourne Florida, USA!

That's all folks till next time!

No comments: